Water Leaks/Condensation Click on number to see images (1) (2) (3)
- Wall leaks.
- Concrete decks, roofs & ground floor leaks
- Bathrooms leaks.
- Condensation issues
- Source of water leaks causing structural cracks to building foundations
- Using hygrothermal software to analyse and predict moisture movement through building envelope. We also create a micro climate to specific areas using specialised software interpolating weather data between weather stations. Click on number to see an example (1)
- Using advanced software to verify heat and moisture movement through building envelope, helping designers achieve sustainable goals.
- Verifying condensation issues (a growing interstitial condensation concern).
Sub-Floor Areas: Click on number to see images (1) (2)
- Inspection of sub-floor areas for dampness/leaks.
- Diagnosing structural problems caused by moisture.
- Advice on remedial measures to reduce moisture ingress & condensation, a common cause of health problems & microbial growth in the living space including cupboard areas.
Indoor Health: Click on number to see images (1) (2)
Existing & New Buildings:
- Verifying pollutants and toxic compounds within the home environment such as:
Formaldehyde : Product of fossil fuel combustion, building materials, furnishing and clothing (leading institutions confirming it is a cancer causing agent).
VOC's : Building materials, furnishing and cleaning materials (eye, nose & throat irritation, headaches and can cause damage to important body organs to some people depending on the exposure).
Nitrogen Dioxide: Caused by external sources and internal unflued combustion appliances (adverse respiratory effects including inflammation of the airways, can also increase respiratory problems in patients with asthma especially in situations of increased levels above guidelines).
Carbon Monoxide: Produced by external sources, also internal unflued combustion appliances can be elevated by poor maintenance (lowers the oxygen carrying capability of the blood).
Particulate Matter: Caused by internal and external sources (mounting research showing a contributer to cardiovascular disease and the latest research by a leading institution 2013 showing outdoor air pollution is a contributer to cancer. Ventilation and infiltration can increase the problem caused by external particulate matter, the fundamental reason in understanding ventilation and locality, especially in high traffic area).
- Measuring infiltration rate of home using advanced equipments (to much air leaks waste energy and to tight jepordise indoor health) Ventilation is a complex issue depending on the locality of your building site. Build Tight, Ventilate Right in consideration to Locality.
- Mitigating indoor health problems in existing homes.
- Measure and verify air conditioning duct leaks (leaks can brings in particulate matter (dust) through the supply registers caused by leaky return ducts.
- Services to new home prior to occupation (test, advise and reduce pollutant level using international practices).
"Health is not everything, but without health, everything is nothing"
Thermal Performance of Building Envelope: Click on number to see images (1)
Existing & New Buildings:
- Diagnosing defective insulation, improper placement.
- Addressing thermal breaks.
- Measuring infiltration (how leaky is your building, considering normal air flow and exchange as recognized by leading global standards) A leaky building is like a bucket with holes trying to fill it with water. The same applies to heating and cooling energy in a home being wasted through leaks. Test and advise takes into account indoor health. Build Tight, Ventilate Right.
- Air conditioning duct leaks. Supply leaks in the attic and sub-floor areas leads to energy wastage.
- Supply leaks draw hot or cold air from unconditioned spaces imposing further load on the equipment.
- Managing energy efficiency in building projects.
Building Defects: Click on number to see images (1) (2) (3)
- Diagnosing general building defects in concealed areas.
- Detecting leaky sewer & stormwater drainage (camera can be inserted into a 40mm pipe and concealed areas).
- Diagnosing thickness of structural steel RHS and SHS, balustrade posts for designed thickness, helping owners and specifiers in clearing uncertainty especially when the thickness cannot be measured owing to welded bottom and top plates.
- Verifying the thickness of existing steel hollow sections in helping to design future loads to structural and building designers.
- Diagnosing the integrity of structural timber members for decay and insect damage.